• Remove items from drawers and filing cabinets.
• Place your heaviest items into smaller boxes.
• Remove lamp shades and bulbs, and pack separately.
• Use proper tape. Tape box bottoms (and tops). Don't overpack boxes.
• Pack expensive garments and mattresses appropriately.
• Protect mirrors, picture frames, and glass items.
• Want to save money? Move the small items yourself.
• Move the precious items yourself.
• Box everything possible, and minimize boxes with open tops.
• Tape together remaining loose items into manageable bundles.